Wednesday, December 6, 2006

My First Blog!


Nourish beginnings, let us nourish beginnings. Not all things are blest, but the seeds of all things are blest.The blessing is in the seed.
Muriel Rukeyser

Okay, so I'm finally coming into the new millennium with my very own blog. My friend and colleague, Dixe Darr (who calls me the "Marryin' Woman") says having a blog is a must for my business and I've learned to follow her advice when it comes to The Art of Self Employment. She's usually right!

So, begin a blog I will! I love beginnings; perhaps that is why I am so passionate about my career as a wedding officiant. It's all about new beginnings, a new life together, new shared hopes. Beginnings are exciting, which is a wonderful alternative to endings, which are often sad, or middles, which can be downright tedious. Beginnings are energizing and bursting with possibilities.

I'm excited to share my thoughts with whomever is interested enough to read them. Some days i will share stories of the couples with whom I'm workling, other times, yu may be privy to my own personal musings. Either way, I hope to inspire, perhaps to make folks look at things in a different way, to encourage readers to act outside of their comfort zone and of course to instill laughter, which is one of life's most wonderful pleasures (it also burns calories!)

No comments: