Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Decompression


I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year.
Charles Dickens
The week between Christmas and New Year's Day always feels very unique. Is it just me--or does anyone else notice? The frenzy is over (unless you're one of those brave people, of which I am not, who brave the post-holiday return-0-rama at the malls). The New Year is not yet upon us--so need need to leap into those resolutions just yet (she said enthusiastically as she reached for the leftover holiday cookies). I am neither traveling (thank heavens!), nor entertaining. My business is a bit sluggish--all well and good for those brides that got engaged over the holiday will be calling upon me soon enough.

Yes, as the weeks of the year go, this is kind of a lame duck. I confess that I like it. I've given myself permission to ponder, to gear up for the deluge that will inevitably appear in under two weeks time, even...perhaps...to be.. a bit... (gasp!) LAZY! Remember lazy? Remember this idyllic week of your childhood where the entire holiday break from school lay before you and you had hours and hours of time to revel in your holiday booty? Ah...bliss....

Everyone needs a break from the routines and minutiae of daily life--it's how we recharge our batteries, renew our spirits and refresh our souls.Perhaps a new holiday tradition for you might be to get in the habit of using this week of the year for just that purpose!

No comments: